Your goal is to create a simple personal scrapbook of Things Poetic. This collection should include the following items:
- At least 3 examples of your best poems produced this quarter with a focus on Transformation.
- Collected poems, piece of poems, or ‘things poetic’ from other sources: just give credit but share these pieces that you think best represent transformation.
- Evidence of Revision and Reflection: Write at least 2 entries (paragraph style) on your thoughts about our poetic transformations; one should be about your own poem; a second should examine another poet’s poem while the last entry should be about you thinking about transformation and one essential question.
- Original Cover Art
Don’t forget- this is a SCRAPBOOK.
You will have class and home time to create the parts to your scrapbook. We will read and model great works throughout the quarter with the goal of including your best in the collection.
Steps for Success:
- Reread the poems presented in class.
- Model your own work on the designs of these pieces- imitation is the first step in original work.
- Vary your styles to come up with your own collection of work.
- Your underlying theme should be about transformation.
- Write down your thoughts about poetry throughout the quarter.
Due Date: December 8-9, 2014 at the start of class, ready for a sharing session